Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blessed Results

SYNODICAL PRESIDENT:
Rev. Matthew Harrison

1ST VICE PRESIDENT:
 Rev. Herbert Mueller, Jr.

2ND-5TH VICE PRESIDENTS:
Rev. John Wohlrabe, Jr.
Rev. Paul L. Maier
Rev. Daniel Preus
Rev. Scott Murray

What a wonderful, faithful Praesidium to lead our synod! 

Call me a sap, if you will, but my eyes were pretty teared up with joy as I watched these results unfold.  So many of us have been praying for the day when we would be given leaders in our synod who were committed to leading and guiding our synod in a direction faithful to Holy Scripture and our Lutheran Confessions, and who would work diligently in love toward faithful resolutions regarding those issues which currently divide us.  I believe with all my heart that Pastor Harrison and the rest of the Praesidium will strive to do just that, and so I am ever so thankful that they have been elected.  Prayers ascend for this group as they make their transition into their newly elected positions in the days and months to come! 

Prayers also ascend for Pres. Kieschnick.  I disagreed vehemently with the direction he was leading our synod, but, as I've said before, he is a brother in Christ who sincerely believed in what he was doing and has a passion to share the Gospel of Christ with others that is very noticeable and admirable.  He was very gracious in defeat this afternoon and he has always done a very good job at chairing our conventions.  I don't know what the future holds for him, but I pray God's blessings upon him.  

In case you missed it, here is the acceptance speech of our newly elected synodical president, which provides a good indication for why so many of us are excited right now:

No comments: