Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wind of Change

It's official.  Rev. Matthew Harrison is now President of the LCMS!  It has been over a month and a half since I sat in front of my computer on pins and needles and watched the election unfold via live streaming to my utter amazement and complete joy.  Like so many others, I'll never forget that day.  And now, the day has finally come when the results of that election are officially realized.  I pray God's richest blessings upon President Harrison and the rest of the Praesidium, and upon all the other officers who were elected to serve our synod.  I look forward to their faithful leadership in the days, months, and years ahead.  As President Harrison mentioned in his acceptance speech, these are challenging times.  Yes, they are.  But, they are also exciting times in the life of our synod.  I believe we are in for a real treat in the days ahead.  There is a "Wind of Change" breezily making its way through our synod and I am hopefully optimistic that it will catch the sails of the Good Ship Missouri and turn us about in a more faithful direction.  May God grant it.  In Jesus' Name.  Amen. 

Hmmm . . . Wind of Change.  Kinda reminds me of this: 

1 comment:

Ted Badje said...

What, are we going to have 'Jesus will rock you like a hurricane' at the Divine Service? ;-P