Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Greek Tuesday

Okay, so I know I have a link to Pr. Fisk's videos on the sidebar (click on the Worldview Everlasting pic), but these are just too good not to share here as well.  The only downfall to Pr. Fisk's "Greek Tuesdays" is that he's using the wrong lectionary. :)  I say we start a petition imploring him to either a) switch to the historic, one-year lectionary like all the cool kids have done or b) start a Greek Wednesday exegeting the Gospel for the historic lectionary (if this was one of his videos, here is where I would include the quick flash of the 80s band dude singing "zap!" - who is that, anyway?).  But, that aside, these videos are simply awesome and Pr. Fisk does a stellar job of revealing and proclaiming Law and Gospel.

Oh, and do be sure to watch it to the end, so that you can hear Pr. Fisk's reminder about supporting Pr. May and the Lutherans in Africa.  $20 for a hymnal.  Surely, we can all manage at least $20 to send one or more hymnals to be used by our brothers and sisters in Christ in Africa (see this post for more info).   

2 comments:

Dan at Necessary Roughness said...

I'm glad that Pastor Fisk is yearing the 3-year since my church is on the 3-year. :)

The Zap! comes from Sonseed, "Jesus is a Friend of Mine." Bring mental floss.

Rev. Thomas C. Messer, SSP said...

Dan,

[whispering, so that only you can hear me] It is probably best that Pr. Fisk sticks to the 3-year lectionary for these videos, since that is where the majority of our synod currently lives [end of whispering]. :)

Thanks for filling me in on where the zap comes from. For the life of me, I couldn't think of the band and it was driving me nuts. I feel much better now. Pshew! :)