Monday, June 7, 2010

A Pleasant Suprise

Last night, in the midst of a family Texas Hold 'Em game, my sister's boyfriend, Mike, shocked everyone by returning from a trip to the bathroom with a ring and a proposal, which Brandy happily accepted.  He further announced that they would be heading to Toledo today to tie the knot in front of the Justice of the Peace, which they did and are now officially husband and wife.  They have been dating for over a year now and always appear to be far more happy than any couple should be. :)  Seriously, I am thrilled for both of them.  This will be the second marriage for both and I am confident that they are committed to remaining together for as long as they live.  Mike is a great guy and treats my sister wonderfully.  He is a lot of fun to be around and we have all enjoyed getting to know him and welcome him with open arms into our family.  They are expecting their first child in October, which is nothing short of a miracle, since it was all but certain that bearing children would not be possible for Brandy.  I am anxiously awaiting the birth of my first nephew or niece and pray that all goes well with the remainder of the pregnancy and delivery. 

Of course, part of the dilemma of having a brother who is a pastor is that they'll just have to put up with my nagging them to get their butts into a Lutheran church where they, and their child-to-be, can receive the blessings our Lord has in store for them.  Sorry guys, that's just the way it is. :)  So, congrats!  I am very happy for you, but I fervently hope and pray that you will get yourselves to Christ's church, that your marriage and your child(ren) would be blessed by God.

A pic of the happy couple in the moments following the surprise announcement last night:
 
 

No comments: