Wednesday, June 30, 2010

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ISSUES, ETC.

On Tuesday, March 18, 2008, I came home after our Holy Tuesday Divine Service at Noon, sat down in front of my computer, visited Pr. Weedon's blog, and read about the sudden cancellation of "Issues, Etc."  My heart immediately sunk and I felt the emptiness one feels when one gets some awful news.  I spent the next several hours browsing the blogosphere and following the story.  I called the LCMS International Center, KFUO, and sent several emails to the pertinent persons protesting this absurd event and asking, "Why?"  When I heard that there was a petition being started to protest the cancellation, I immediately signed my name (I think I was in the first five listed on that petition).  I couldn't believe this was happening.  It was definitely a dark time in our synod.  The way it all went down and the way in which our synodical leaders handled the aftermath still leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.

But, thanks be to God, this excellent, Christ-Centered, Cross-Focused, Worldwide Outreach, radio program returned to the airways on June 30, 2008.  And, being independent, it has been better than ever!  The cancellation actually turned out to be a huge blessing in disguise.  So, thanks LCMS, Inc. for canceling this program and allowing it to flourish on its own.  And,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ISSUES, ETC.!

2 comments:

Rev. Eric J Brown said...

I'm reminded of something about Joseph saying to his brothers something akin to "You intended it for evil, but God intended it for good." So often this is how God works,and lets the world work.

Rev. Thomas C. Messer, SSP said...

Amen, Pr. Brown!