Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Freda Hill + 4/1/21 - 6/22/10 +

Freda was called home by her Lord this morning at 4:09 a.m.  The family received a phone call a few minutes before 4:00 a.m. notifying them that Freda's breathing had become more and more shallow and that she was going quickly.  The family called me shortly after 4:00 a.m. with the news.  None of us were able to make it there before Freda departed this vale of tears, but I think that's exactly how Freda wanted it.  She wanted to go quickly and peacefully and the Lord graciously granted her request.  Nobody thought that she would go as quickly as she did.  I kept my cell next to me last night, just in case, but I was pretty sure that we would have at least another day or two with Freda.  So, I was surprised to hear the cell ring, and even more surprised to get there only to find that she had already fallen asleep in Jesus.  But, as I said in my last post, only the Lord knows these things, and He takes us home in His way and in His time.  I am thrilled for Freda.  What a blessing to go so quickly and peacefully!  I will miss her immensely.  She was one of a kind and always a ton of fun to be around.  But, I know that I shall see her again.  Besides, in true Freda fashion, she said to me last night, "I'll put a good word in for you with the Lord when I see Him."  Yeah, I'm gonna miss her bunches!

+ Freda Hill +
4/1/21 - 6/22/10
Rest eternal, grant her, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon her!

Arrangements are as follows:
Thursday:  Visitation at Berry Funeral Home in Shepherd from 3:00-8:00 p.m.
Friday:  Visitation at Peace at 10:00 a.m.; Funeral Service at Peace at 11:00 a.m. (luncheon at Peace to follow Service)
Saturday:  Committal in Newark, Ohio, to be conducted by Pr. Larry Kudart (Freda's former pastor at Trinity Lutheran in Zanesville, OH) 

No comments: