Saturday, February 27, 2010

Special Mission Offering

Throughout Lent, our congregation is taking up a collection for a special mission offering to be sent to The Siberian Lutheran Mission Society.  We ordered "special offering banks" to be distributed to everyone in the congregation, so that they could fill them throughout Lent and bring them back on Easter.  When these "banks" arrived, I was a little shocked by how small they were.  I guess I should have paid more attention to the dimensions given (2" x 3").  But, they claim that each "bank" can hold up to $25 in change (I'm guessing they mean if you fill it with only quarters).  Anyway, we'll see how it goes.  I've made it known that people are most definitely allowed to put "folding money" (or personal checks) in the cans, too. :)  I really hope we raise a decent amount to send to this very important mission society.  Our Lutheran brothers and sisters in Christ in Russia need not only our prayerful, but also our financial, support.  I am pleased that we will be contributing to the cause of spreading the pure Gospel through them and, as I said, I hope we are able to raise a decent amount.  We'll see. 

Here's a pic of the "offering banks" we're using:

No comments: