Saturday, January 22, 2011

President Obama's Statement on the 38th Anninversary of Roe v. Wade

President Obama reaffirmed his commitment to support abortion in the following statement released earlier today:
Today marks the 38th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that protects women's health and reproductive freedom, and affirms a fundamental principle: that government should not intrude on private family matters.
I am committed to protecting this constitutional right. I also remain committed to policies, initiatives, and programs that help prevent unintended pregnancies, support pregnant women and mothers, encourage healthy relationships, and promote adoption.
And on this anniversary, I hope that we will recommit ourselves more broadly to ensuring that our daughters have the same rights, the same freedoms, and the same opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.
If my wife is really getting on my nerves and causing me great inconvenience, and I decide to kill her and eliminate that inconvenience, I'm thinking that the "fundamental principle" referenced by the President would most definitely be violated.  Yes, I'm sure the government would move quickly to intrude on this "private family matter."

How does legalized abortion ensure that our daughters have the same rights, freedoms, and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams?  When did we give our sons the right to murder babies?  I must have missed that.   

2 comments:

Kurt Onken said...

Legalized abortion ensures that unborn daughters have their rights, freedoms, and opportunities to fulfill their dreams snatched away from them.

Despicable.

David said...

Pastor Messer: Excellent sermon yesterday. I have learned so much from you. I copied this post and pasted it onto my blog with The Lansing State Journal. What you said on it are my sentiments precisely. I hope you don't mind me doing that. The comments I've gotten are very interesting and show that there is a lot of ignorance about what abortion really is. That is indeed sad and warrants our prayers. One person who commented said an unborn child is a "potential baby". When I pointed out that is something Bill O'Reilly said, she got very defensive and indignant. Thought you might want to know.
Dave Z.