Friday, January 21, 2011

President Harrison Receives an Honorary . . .

Manly Doctor of Divinity degree from The God Whisperers.  According to Prs. Cwirla and Donofrio, Pres. Harrison will soon receive a confirmation email from them regarding the degree and he promises to give it the due attention it deserves. :)

Seriously, this is a fascinating interview with our President, which you can listen to here.  Much to chew on, but especially munch-worthy are President Harrison's words regarding the local congregation's role in her surrounding community.  This is an area I struggle with greatly, and I'm guessing that I'm not alone.  I readily admit that neither I nor the parish I serve have been as active in our community as we should.  We have ventured out there at times, but not with any regularity and consistency.  It's challenging.  We are a small parish, which makes it difficult to mobilize the troops.  We live in a small community, where not a lot happens and where most of the needs we might lend a hand in addressing already have more hands involved than necessary.  But, challenges aside, I know there are opportunities out there for us to share Christ through acts of mercy in our community, and we need to get serious about identifying them. 

As I said, much to chew on . . .    

No comments: