(If 80s rock ballads aren't your thing, you can simply ignore this)
The problem with choosing the greatest 80s rock ballad is that there were so many great ones from which to choose. For that reason, it is perfectly acceptable to put together a plethora of top ten lists which differ vastly in content. What is NOT acceptable, however, is to leave Tesla's "Love Song" off of any top ten list, since, well, it is THE Greatest 80s Rock Ballad. If you don't want to put it on top, in its rightful position, fine, but you are not allowed to compile a top ten list without it. Nope. Unacceptable, indeed! :)
(Note: Even without the extended guitar intro, it's still the greatest!)
So...where's your top ten list?
Remembering that the point of my post is that Tesla's "Love Song" must be included in any top ten list, and that the rest of the content within any top ten list is open for debate, here is my top ten list:
1. Tesla - "Love Song"
2. Damn Yankees - "High Enough"
3. Warrant - "Heaven"
4. Skid Row - "I Remember You"
5. Poison - "Something to Believe In"
6. Guns N' Roses - "Sweet Child O' Mine"
7. Cinderella - "Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone)"
8. White Lion - "Wait"
9. Night Ranger - "Sister Christian"
10. Poison - "Every Rose Has Its Thorn"
What's yours? :)
What does "Hmm" mean? Does it mean, "Hmm . . . that is a most excellent top ten list"? :)
Umm... No comment.
I hate to point out the obvious, but "Umm . . . no comment" is, in fact, a comment - just sayin'. :)
Still waiting for your top ten list . . .
sorry, was busy the last few days....
1. sister christian - night ranger
2. i just died in your arms tonight - cutting crew
3. when i see you smile - bad english
4. 18 and life - skid row
5. kyrie - mr. mister (megan made me add this one)
6. love song - tesla
7. house of pain - faster pussycat
8. the flame - cheap trick
9. sweet child o mine - GnR
10. every rose has it's thorn - poison
Post a Comment