Saturday, April 23, 2011

Holy Saturday Divine Service


IntroitPs. 88:1, 6-7, 9b; antiphon: Ps. 88:3
My soul is full of troubles,
     and my life draws near to Sheol.
O Lord, God of my salvation;
     I cry out day and night before you.
You have put me in the depths of the pit,
     in the regions dark and deep.
Your wrath lies heavy upon me,
     and you overwhelm me with all your waves.
Every day I call upon you, O Lord;
     I spread out my hands to you.
My soul is full of troubles,
     and my life draws near to Sheol.

Collect of the Day:
O God, creator of heaven and earth, grant that as the crucified body of Your dear Son was laid in the tomb and rested on this holy Sabbath, so we may await with Him the coming of the third day, and rise with Him to newness of life, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.

Old Testament Reading:  Daniel 6:1-24

Gradual:  Heb. 9:12a, c, 15a; Ps. 111:9a
[Christ] entered once for all into the holy places, by means of his own blood,
     thus securing an eternal redemption.
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant,
     so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance.
He sent redemption to his people;
     he has commanded his covenant forever.

Epistle:  1 Peter 4:1-8

Holy Gospel:  Matthew 27:57-66

The Homily:

No comments: