Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sometimes, a Rainy Day Can Be a Real Blessing!

The last few weeks have been pretty hectic for me.  Getting ready for, and hosting, Sarah's Luau Open House (not to mention the cleaning up afterward); the unexpected death of a dear friend and parishioner, Freda; spending time at the folks' cottage over the 4th; a couple of extra writing assignments to complete, and all that other pastor stuff to accomplish.  Anyway, having returned yesterday afternoon from a few days of rest and relaxation at the cottage (floating in the lake, skiing, tubing, playing lots of pinochle and yahtzee, a couple of rounds of golf with my dad, cooking out, reading, and so forth), there is much to do in the way of catching up.  And so, the rain was a welcome sight today, since it has allowed me to spend some much needed time in front of my computer, make some necessary phone calls, and begin the process of getting caught up and functioning again - all without that guilty feeling that I should be outside taking care of the pool, garden, and lawn. :)  I still have a ways to go to get caught up, but I'm a lot better off now than I was when I woke up this morning.  Yeah, sometimes a rainy day can be a real blessing, indeed! 

Actually, as soon as I started writing this, the rain stopped and now the sun is coming out.  Maybe I spoke too soon! :) 

No comments: