Saturday, March 6, 2010

Skunked! Ugh!

We've lived in the country for almost five years now and have been fortunate not to have any skunks or raccoons inhabit our property.  That fortune has ended.  This past week, a skunk decided to move in.  He made his presence known by first spraying our oldest cat.  That wasn't so bad - Kiki, the cat, obviously avoided the worst of the spray and didn't smell up the house too bad.  Then, Tony, our dog, who is not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed, if you get my drift, went after the skunk full bore, as is his custom, the other night and got it bad - BAD!  Like, right smack dab in the face bad.  The smell is just starting to dissipate today, after God knows how many baths my wife gave the mutt and how many scrub downs she gave the house.  We haven't seen or smelled the skunk in the last couple of days, and the only signs my son, Aaron, and I could find when we went scouting our property earlier was some hair along with at least two-day-old droppings, so maybe Peppy has moved on.  But, I have my .22 at the ready, just in case, 'cause one thing I know for sure is that Tony lacks the will power to resist going after the skunk and will most definitely get it right in the face again if he gets the chance.  You would think that after all he's been through, he would avoid the skunk like the plague - but, as I said, he ain't the brightest bulb in the tanning bed. :)       

No comments: