Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I hate it when . . .

my stupid tonsils mess with my plans.  I had my whole day laid out today.  I was looking forward to Winkel at my friend and brother Pr. Larry Wright's place in the morning.  Plus, I really wanted to give Pr. Jon Bakker the opportunity to rub in his country's victory in hockey. :)  After Winkel, lunch.  Then, on the way home, I was going to stop and visit Connie in Mt. Pleasant, make my way back to Alma to visit a few of our other shut-ins, come home and get ready for tonight's Council meeting.  But, no.  I woke up with flared-up tonsils.  I have to find a doctor who is willing to yank these things out!  They're huge and they flare up far too often, especially, it seems, when the weather changes.  When they flare up, it's miserable - very sore and hard to swallow.  But, more than that, it's annoying.  I have begged three different doctors over the years to take them out, but they have been unwilling, since they don't like to do it for adults and they don't think my case is severe enough, since my flare-ups usually don't last very long.  Maybe they're right - I'm sure they are.  But, it's still annoying and I can't help but wonder what life would be like without these stupid things in my throat.  Anyway, enough whining.  Tomorrow's a new day and hopefully I'll be able to get some of the things I had planned for today done then, but it won't allow me to attend the Winkel I was looking forward to attending.  My throat already feels a million times better this afternoon than it did this morning.  That's how it usually goes - they flare up and settle back down within a day or two.  If it lasts longer than that, I know acute tonsilitis has set in and it's time for a round of amoxicillin.  It doesn't seem like that will be the case this time, since they've already started to settle back down, so I'm thankful about that.  I'm just bummed about missing Winkel AGAIN.  This is the third in a row I've missed (was in court in January, playing catch-up from just returning from our cruise in February, and then today).  Ugh!     

No comments: