Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Called Christmas With a Capital "C"

I'm thinking about using the song in the video below as the Hymn of the Day this Sunday.  What do you think? :) 

Seriously, the whole "Merry Christmas" vs. "Happy Holidays" thing is annoying, but it's not gonna change, and it's not worth getting all worked up over, especially when the sad reality is that you will not see many of those who do get worked up over it in church for Christ-MASS. 

I remember talking to a friend about this a few years ago.  She was so upset that her small town was ordered to remove the Nativity Scene from in front of their city hall.  She went on and on about how terrible it is that the world has hi-jacked Christmas and does its very best to get the "Christ" out of the "Holidays."  She ranted and raved for about 10 minutes on the phone about this.  When she gave me an opening, I asked, "So, when does your church hold Services on Christmas?"  She said, "You know, I'm not sure.  I haven't been there in a while."  I replied, "Exactly."  There was a healthy pause on the phone as she digested that, and when it finally clicked, she came back with, "Ooooh, I hate you!" (she doesn't really hate me, she just hated that I pointed out her hypocrisy).  This led into a nice discussion, which even resulted in her attending Church that Christmas.

Anyway, here's the video (HT: Sharyn G.) - it's got a good beat and you can dance to it - enjoy!
 

No comments: