Saturday, December 12, 2009

Advent Tea Celebration 2009

This week didn't begin very well for me.  I was barely able to get through Divine Service last week and had to bail out and go home before Bible Study.  Acute tonsillitus had overcome me - I hate when that happens.  I have some huge tonsils and when they go rogue, it's bad news - can't swallow, can barely talk, and very painful.  And, to top it off, this latest bout developed into the flu - was down and out from Sunday through Wednesday not only with the hassle of acute tonsillitus, but with fever, body aches, and other unpleasantness I won't mention.  Ugh!  But, thanks to amoxicillin, and lots of rest and fluids, I feel much better now.  Not quite 100% yet, but a million times better than I was.

What a lift to my spirits it was to participate in our annual Advent Tea Celebration this afternoon and early evening.  I look forward to this event every year.  The ladies do such a fabulous job of organizing things and it is always wonderful to have the opportunity to share the Gospel with so many guests who come to be with us.  It's a special event that affords the ladies an opportunity to sit back, relax, and enjoy being served not only with the Gospel, but also with tasty beverages and desserts.

Each year, the ladies who host the tables are asked to do their decorating around a common color, and the theme of the program is developed around that color as well.  This year, the color was gold and the theme was the Kingship of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  The title of the program was, "A King Is Born" (you can download a copy of the program here). 

We were very blessed to have the talents of guitarist Roger Humphrey, pianist Mary Jakolat, and soloist Sarah Messer lead the music among us this year, and they all performed beautifully.  I have no idea where Sarah got her pipes - definitely not from dad! - but, wow, can the girl sing!  I just wish my eyes wouldn't get all watery when I listen to her - I have no idea what causes that! :)

And, all of the table hostesses did a wonderful job decorating their tables.  I am always impressed to see what they come up with - so imaginative and beautiful!  Great job ladies!

It was a truly blessed and beautiful event!  Here are some pics:



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Our performers:


No comments: