Monday, November 30, 2009

TLSB Two-Year Bible Reading Plan

As we begin this new Church Year, I have invited my parish to join me in following the Two-Year Reading Plan found in The Lutheran Study Bible (p. lix).  It has been a few years since I have deliberately read through the entire Bible from beginning to end, so I am looking forward to doing so.  I'll continue to use the daily lectionary found in Treasury of Daily Prayer, but will add the TLSB Two-Year Plan to my daily devotions.  One of the features I really like about this Plan is that it is a Monday-Saturday Plan, leaving Sundays dedicated to meditation upon the readings heard in the Divine Service.  Also, being a Two-Year Plan, as opposed to the many One-Year Plans out there (which are good, too), the daily readings are shorter and will enable those who follow this Plan to spend a little time exploring the excellent notes in TLSB.  Anyway, feel free to join us, if you wish.  I'll try to post a link to the readings here daily, along with a few thoughts (or, TLSB notes).

No comments: