Monday, September 14, 2009

Patience may be a virtue, but it's also a PAIN

I am doing my best to patiently wait for our copies of the hardback edition of The Lutheran Study Bible to ship, but it ain't easy, especially when I have to read about people all over the internet who have received their copies and are so excited about it.  I realize that the good folks at CPH are extremely busy these days and that I should just be patient, since all good things come to those who wait, and so forth, but I broke down today and gave them a call.  I'm glad I did.  The very nice lady on the phone didn't know why our hardbacks hadn't shipped yet and assured me that they will be shipped out today.  So, we should be receiving these sometime this week.  The larger print and leather editions won't be in until the end of the month, so we'll have to remain patient on those.  But, hopefully we'll have the hardback TLSB's in our hands by the end of the week.  If not, I'm getting in the car and driving down to St. Louis to get a copy myself! :) 

Pastor Weedon posted some insightful thoughts on his blog the other day, highlighting the fact that we Lutherans are very blessed to live in a day and age when so many extraordinary Lutheran resources are making their way into print.  I could not agree more.  With all the troubles we face in American Lutheranism today, even in our own synod, our publishing house (CPH) is doing a fabulous, and unprecedented, job of furnishing us with tremendous resources:  Lutheran Service Book (and all its companion volumes), Treasury of Daily Prayer (the absolute BEST prayer book ever produced!), Concordia:  The Lutheran Confessions (the BEST edition of our Lutheran Confessions in the English language yet, by far), and now The Lutheran Study Bible (which I can say with confidence is the best study Bible ever, even though I haven't seen it yet).  And this is not to mention the plethora of theological works which have been released of late, or will be released soon, including additional volumes of Luther's Works.  It truly is a most blessed time to be a Lutheran! 

No comments: