Monday, June 27, 2011

Congrats, Pastor Schian!

This afternoon (yesterday afternoon, now), I had the privilege of attending the Ordination of Aaron Schian into the Office of the Holy Ministry, which took place at Immanuel, Frankentrost, where I did my vicarage.  Great to be back at 'Trost for the day and visit with some dear friends on this most blessed occasion!  Pastor Schian served as Crucifer for my Ordination/Installation and Pastor Mark Loest, who serves at 'Trost and was my Vicarage Supervisor, ordained me into the Office of the Holy Ministry, as he also did Pastor Schian today.  It was wonderful to be able to participate in the laying on of hands today as our Lord sent another laborer to work in His vineyard.  Pastor Schian received the Divine Call to serve as pastor of Zion Lutheran Church and School in Owego, NY, where he will be Installed on August 7.  I am confident that the saints in Owego will be well served by their new pastor and pray our Lord's richest blessings upon Pastor Schian as he begins his service there in August.  Some pics of the occasion:







No comments: