Monday, August 30, 2010

Going to St. Louis!

I am so blessed to be serving such a loving, faithful, and generous flock.  I was recently presented with the following card, which included a check inside that will more than cover the cost for me to travel to St. Louis in a couple of weeks and attend the Installation of President-elect Matt Harrison and other officers.  I am so looking forward to that trip.  I'm downright geeked about it.  Can't wait!  I'm hoping to pay a visit to the "bunker" of "Issues, Etc." during the trip, and I will definitely be attending Divine Service at St. Paul's in Hamel, where Pr. Weedon serves, on the Sunday after the Installation (attending, Pr. Weedon, NOT serving! :).  And, as a bonus, I'm planning on paying a visit to my good friend and brother-of-another-mother, Pr. Al Majewski, and his family, on the way back home.  It promises to be a most glorious little getaway, and I am ever so thankful to the members of the parish I serve for making this possible.  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

  

4 comments:

Jon Bakker said...

Nice! I'd offer to fill in, but that's our Sunday school kickoff 'rally day' - enjoy the trip and installation! What a treat!

Rev. Thomas C. Messer, SSP said...

Yeah, it's our Rally Day, too. I hate to miss it, but it would be just plain rude of me not to take the trip to St. Louis at this point, and I wouldn't want to be rude, you know. :)

Scott Diekmann said...

We thought about going to St. Louis, but probably won't because of other obligations. Interesting that you're going to do the exact same three things that I'd be doing -the installation, a trip to LPR, and Pr. Weedon's church. I haven't made it to Hamel yet, but would like to go. I call it the haj.

Original Evangelical said...

Wait, where's LPR? In Saint Louis? For some reason I thought they broadcasted from out here in California somewhere.